Here are some interesting numbers to consider, courtesy of Coastal Carolina football sports information director Mike Cawood, as the Chanticleers prepare for their FCS playoff game at Montana on Saturday ...
"Coastal [football] will be making its longest trip in school history, its first trip across the Mississippi River and its first trip outside of the Eastern Time Zone for that matter. Coastal’s longest road trips, according to Google Maps are:
• Montana - 2,492 miles to Washington-Grizzly Stadium (Missoula, Mont.)
• Toledo - 724 miles to the Glass Bowl (Toledo, Ohio)
• Stony Brook - 706 miles to LaValle Stadium (Stony Brook (Long Island), N.Y.)
• Kent State - 641 miles Dix Stadium (Kent, Ohio)
• Monmouth - 633 miles to Kessler Field (West Long Branch, N.J.)
• Penn State - 614 miles to Beaver Stadium (State College, Pa.)
Previously, the furthest west CCU has traveled was Toledo at 83 degrees-34 minutes-31 seconds West longitude, followed by Richmond, Ky. (84-17-37) and Morehead, Ky. (83-23-28). Surprisingly the top six are rounded out by Athens, Ga., (83-23-0), Cullowhee, N.C. (83-11-1) and Clemson, S.C. (82-48-53)."