It's the second round of the playoffs in the state's lower three classes, and already you can tell that everyone knows they are in the thick of it.
Socastee, Myrtle Beach, Loris and Aynor all have a chance to continue what have been great seasons to this point tonight against various opponents. For Conway, who heads to the state's overall No. 1 team, Goose Creek, tonight is about something else: Getting star quarterback Mykal Moody a playoff victory for the first time in his career.
It won't be easy.
If that sounds familiar, it's because Socastee enters the second round of the playoffs with a different kind of inspiration. Primarily, the Braves' defense has been overlooked while it quietly put together on heck of a year. It knew that side of the ball had to catch up with its offense if a state title push was going to be serious.
* Speaking of the Braves, keep an eye on Socastee linebacker Adam Crane tonight. He's the centerpiece of that defense that is forcing turnovers left and right.
* Here's the official game capsule from Berkeley-Socastee, our area game of the week.
* Here are the game capsules from the other four games involving Grand Strand teams.
* It's not shocking that most of the players among the best in the area in the offensive stat leaders' list are still playing - especially in the rushing category.
* In case you missed it, here is the Weekly Web Chat we filmed Wednesday. No reading required.
* And, lastly, here are my official predictions for tonight's games. Warning, I've been pretty stout lately.
Enjoy the games.